Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church of Sheraden
3102 Sherwood Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15204 ('Sheraden' neighborhood)
Worship Service: Sundays at 11:15 a.m.
Kid's Sunday: 3rd Sunday of each month
Go to our Facebook page (you MUST be logged onto Facebook for this link to work properly!)
Our Mission Statement:
A Special Congregational Meeting was held on Sunday (August 5), following the Worship Service. After discussion, the congregation voted unanimously to CLOSE the congregation. We also moved that the congregation members would ask to transfer to the congregation of St. Andrew Lutheran Church (East Carnegie). While we are proceeding (with the closing of the church), we will STILL be worshiping normally (at Trinity), until we have a “final worship service”, on a future date, as set by the Bishop.
Monday, October 22 (this is one week LATER THAN USUAL)
Church Council meeting
Our next Church Council meeting is scheduled to be held on Monday, October 22 at 7:00 p.m. All Council members should plan on attending the meeting.
Thursday, October 25
West End Christian Ministries (WECM) Free Community Dinner
WECM Free Community Dinner will be held at the Sheraden United Methodist Church (2966 Chartiers Ave, Sheraden) on Thursday, October 25 from 5:00 - 7:00 p.m.
Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church (Sheraden) (3102 Sherwood Ave., Pittsburgh, PA 15204) is closing and will be sold to a new church congregation (currently located in Oakland).
So, on Saturday, October 27, from 9:00 – 11:00 a.m., we will hold an Open House for PLUM churches and we would like to GIVE AWAY any remaining church items, such as:
· Furniture (Social hall folding chairs, folding wood tables, MAYBE some white plastic tables, free-standing altar (from Bethany (Dormont)), padded couch and chairs, “Santa” chair, etc.
· Several 4-drawer file cabinets
· Several sets of wooden shelves (about 4’ wide and 6’ tall)
· Robe cabinet for the pastor/pastor assistant/acolyte robes.
· Sunday School supplies
· Child-sized chairs and wooden tables (in our Sunday School).
· Free-standing altar from Sunday School room
· Kitchen supplies (electric roasters, Iced Tea/Lemonade clear plastic dispensers, large coffee brewing pots, stainless steel chafing dish sets, microwaves, pots, pans, dishes, silverware, pitchers, orange plastic serving trays), glass cream and sugar dispensers, glass salt & pepper shakers, etc.
· Green “Lutheran Book of Worship” hymnals
· Blue “With One Voice” hymnals
· Choir Music and books
· Processional cross (needs polishing)
· Portable lecterns (x2) – One is like a ‘sign-in’ book stand (in good condition); the other is heavy, large and in “VERY well-used” condition, with visible wear/damage.
· Altar accessories (two 3-candle candelabras, two 7-candle candelabras, candle refills for the candelabras, red sanctuary candle “Light of Christ” refill jars,
· Christmas trees (x3) and stands (x2), hand-made “Chrismon” decorations, nativity scene manger and figurines, Christmas wreaths and decorations
· 1-liter bottles of Baptism water from the Jordan River (brought back by our pastors from their last Holy Land trip)
· Janitor supplies – floor buffers and misc. supplies.
· Library books
· Children’s room stuff – TV, DVD player, tall TV cart, games, crayons
· 8-foot tall cross, base and cloths (to drape on cross) for Easter season.
· Complete sound system (Shure lavalier belt microphone, transmitter & receiver), 12 channel mixer, 2 speakers (on pole stands),
· One FM broadcast system – 1 transmitter and 6(?) receivers/headset sets – for ‘hard of hearing’ congregation members.
· Paraments and communion supplies – including wine chalice, wafer tray and chalice, communion cups nesting trays & lid, etc. (AFTER our final service)
· And probably much more that I’m forgetting at this time
Please bring enough cars/pick-up trucks/trailers to haul as much as you can carry. If needed, you’ll have an additional week (until Saturday, Nov. 3) to make a second trip to come back and pick up more items.
Trinity (Sheraden) will have its Final Worship Service on Sunday, November 4. We’d like to have everything removed BEFORE the final Worship Service.
Yours in Christ,
President, Trinity Ev. Lutheran Church of Sheraden
Trinity's Sanctuary, as viewed from the Narthex
Trinity's Sanctuary, as viewed from the Chancel
Pittsburgh Lutheran United Ministries (PLUM), 405 Kennedy Avenue, Duquesne, PA 15110 412-466-7773